Guess it's Christmouse/Khanuchka/Kwaanzaaa time again, and we all need to get presents for friends.
We all have an awesome chance here. As news about our economy stagnates and massive corporations bemoan their less-than-unpleasant fates, we can feel kinda helpless. Remember, though, that there are ways we can help improve things, ways that DON'T require giving hoards of money to big box stores or places whose practices we dislike but where we must shop by necessity.
Improve the economy by BUYING LOCAL and BUYING HANDMADE. We're here to help.
--- Do you sell art?
--- Do you sell other items?
--- Do you have friends who do these things?
--- Do you know of a local business that could use a little boost?
If you answered YES to ANY of those questions, please read The Rules of the Game.
If you answered NO to all of those questions, you confuse me.
THE RULES OF THE GAME:
1) PIMP ART THAT YOU HAVE FOR SALE - Doesn't matter what kind of art you make. I don't care if you've got a novel or mini-comics or original art or t-shirts or if you recreate historical stabbings with mashed potatoes or whatever. Doesn't matter if you already make money off of your art. I want to hear about it and so does the public, whether they know it or not,
2) PIMP ONLY ART THAT IS FOR SALE - Please no "None is for sale but here's my art." The Big Shill is for people to--WITH LUCK--make a little cash or get some awesome shit. By shit I mean art...unless your art is poop-sculpture, in which case I mean both,
3) PIMP LOCAL BUSINESSES - Tell us about the store and why they're awesome. Local doesn't always mean super great, after all. Link to a website, tell why they're awesome, post pics, and make it obvious where they're located,
3) PIMP IN THE COMMENTS SECTION - Make sure that you make an individual comment to the entry itself! This way people skimming the comments can see your stuff. If you make a response to somebody else's comment with your art, it will probably get compressed as the day goes on and will no longer be visible. A good comment will, ideally, have a photo of your art, a link to your website, how much people can expect to pay for your art, how people can pay for your art, and whether or not you will accept other art in trade, i.e. a minicomic for a minicomic,
4) PIMP EACH THING ONLY ONCE - Multiple comments will be probably deleted, unless you've got a
correction to make to an earlier comment. If you positively horribly must have something in the comments that you totally forgot the first time, let me know and we'll try to get it in if it's not just more photos of more stuff but rather a real update that people need to know. I'd prefer that people take a little time crafting their comment to having to allow tons of comments from single individuals,
5) PIMP THIS ENTRY TO YOUR FRIENDS - The more that people hear about this, the more likely your art is to sell, the more likely art of others is to sell, the more likely that penguins will strike ice fish from bel--no, that was the special I watched a few years ago on PBS. But, yeah, tell people about this whether you
have art in it or not,
6) COME BACK TO THIS ENTRY TODAY AND TOMORROW AND SO ON - Since this entry should be constantly updated, there will be more stuff to see all the time. I'll have a few reminders, including at least one tomorrow, one over the weekend and one on Monday. If you get tired of the reminders, the Sit-n-Spin is in the corner, as is the raggedy butt-plug,
7) ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE ENABLED - This is for anybody who swings by but doesn't have an LJ...which will happen if you obey Rule 5. If you're commenting anonymously, simply follow the instructions in Rule 3, just add who you are and be very specific about contact information, et cetera,
Possibly the most important of all...
8) BUY THINGS!!! - Obviously not everybody is going to be able to buy shit. I'm cool with that. But if you see something that's reasonable and you have a little extra cash from that trick you turned at 3 a.m. then consider using it for a good cause. If you see a good book or a good poop sculpture, buy it. You'll probably not regret it.
LINK TO THIS ENTRY!
BOOK YOUR FACES!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS VIA CLONED CARRIER PIGEON!
benjamin and Nadja
Stone Robot Enterprises
PS - The logo this year is by fairyarmadillo
PPS - She and I finally have a store where you can buy some items with stuff we drew printed on them. S'pretty cool.